This is an old revision of the document!
Kempten is a small town and the local center of power. Kempten Abbey was founded around 700 AD by two Benedictine monks from the Abbey of Saint Gall, Magnus von Füssen and Theodor In 1213, Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II declared the abbots members of the Reichstag and granted the abbot the right to bear the title of Duke.
Closest town with a license to hold market.
Small castle (fortified manor) of the local Krüger family
Oberstdorf is the main villeage in area, and home to a small church. Four other small villages lies nearby (see below)
Known for it's sulphur spring